Welcome to Hawkins County Schools! Registering at a school within your zone is a simple process; even so, if you have questions regarding which school your child should attend, contact our Transportation Department at 272-7135 and they will be glad to assist you. Please read through the guide below to ensure you have the proper documentation when enrolling your child.
Pre-Kindergarten Registration - HCS believes in the power of Pre-K. Please visit our Early Learning Center website to find out more about our Pre-K program and if you meet the eligibility requirements.
What you need to know before registering for Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate (Copy)
- Social Security Card (Copy)
- Official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
- Physical examination (within one year of beginning of school)
- Proof of residency (current utility bill, lease, etc.)
Age Requirements - Kindergarten Eligibility:
- To be eligible in 2020-2021 your child: Must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2020
- An official Tennessee Certificate of Immunization is required for entry into school and is only available from a healthcare provider. Please see our School Health Services website for a complete list of immunization requirements and forms.
New Student Enrollment